Enabling Technologies and Product Development
Sunny Hill clinicians and researchers have demonstrated leadership in the development and supported implementation of innovative clinical products and technologies in response to client needs. Research in this area also aims to support clinicians in using new equipment to enable client independence, participation or recovery.
- Clinical Communication Technologies
- Power Mobility Toolkit *
- Functional Engagement in Assisted Therapy Through Exercise Robotics (FEATHERS) Project *
- POWER Mobility Phase 2 - exploring sit to stand power wheelchair use and participation in everyday life
- POWER Mobility Phase 3 - Examining feasibility of conducting research on children's power mobility use and participation in everyday life *
- Exploring the Clinical Usefulness of the Wheelchair Outcome Measure for Young People
- Estimating the prevalence of wheeled mobility use and examining activity limitations and participation restrictions in everyday life for Canadian children under 15 years of age with mobility limitations: a population study.
- Parents' and Speech-Language Pathologists' Perceptions of a Child's Communication Skills after the Child's Use of an iOS/Android Device with a Communication Application (App)*
- Supporting virtual reality adoption for neurorehabilitation
- Paediatric Participation Outcomes for Wheelchair Evaluation in Rehabilitation (POWER) Mobility Development of a Toolkit of Measures -Phase 1 Delphi Survey
*Actively recruiting children, parents, therapists, and researchers.